I have written a number of articles which either directly or indirectly relate to Australia’s Security of Critical Infrasatructure Act 2018 (SOCI Act) and the associated legislative instruments (Rules), such as the Critical Infrastructure Risk Management Program (CIRMP) Rules.
These can be found below, grouped by SOCI Hazard:
Building a regulatory compliance program
Supply Chain Hazards
- How can Insider Threats manifest in the Supply Chain?
- Towards a taxonomy for product diversion
- Conducting a Country Risk Assessment for your key suppliers
- Counterfeits can compromise your Supply Chain Integrity
- Using strategic early warning for advanced notice of emerging threats and geopolitical risks
- Understanding High Risk Roles
- Designing your workforce screening program
- Who are SOCI Act Critical Workers?
- What is a Personnel Security Risk Assessment?
- Understanding the risk of organised crime infiltration in your business
- Product Tampering: A form of workplace sabotage
- Applying the critical-path approach to insider risk management
- Mitigating risks from workplace sabotage
- 6 steps to improving security and integrity culture in the workplace
Physical and Natural Hazards
- Los Angeles rail hijackings – a form of cargo theft
- Theft of fuel from HMS Bulwark – a diversion case study
- Natural Hazards and Accidents, and their intersection with physical threats
Cyber and Information Hazards
- SOCI Act 101 – Operational Information explained
- In business, confidential information is a critical asset
- How is confidential information compromised?